Hello!

neu hier im Forum? Hier kannst Du dich kurz vorstellen.
Antworten
David

Hello!

Beitrag von David »

Hello, Im sorry I dont speak German, but Im interested in the Boehm Midi interfaces for older organs.
I have 2 Electone D85s I like very much that I would like to retrofit with MIDI, they use the same KAC chips as the SK20/50D series synths.
I could however not understand enough of the specifications for Boehms product to see if any would fit.

Has anyone done anything similiar with Boehms MIDI products and have a recommendation for me?

Thank you for your time, and happy wishes from Norway!
David

uwienand

Re: Hello!

Beitrag von uwienand »

Hi David,

...as I understand you would like to put in the interfaces into the Electones? For that you need free contacts for the keys under the manuals. The contacts can be quite normal on/off-switches or two-way-switches (needed for touch response). You can geth both kinds of interfaces from Keyswerk.

I would recommend to use two-way-switches for a midi-interface with touch-response.

cu
Uwe
...ich spiel nicht gut, aber gerne...

Sempra SE20 - home

David

Beitrag von David »

Yes

The problem is that the Electones do not send positive triggers, there is a key scanner and diode system, and the key scanner has a -15v input that grounds to 0v when the keys are pressed.
I have been told that for other MIDI retrofits each key would need a voltage converter, so I wondered if Keyswerk had a model designed for such organs?

I do not need touch response, as the organ does not have it, I only need to be able to send and receive MIDI and offcourse convert it so the key assigner can read the signals.

If you could recommend a model I could research further that would be great!

David

Beitrag von David »

I think I explained badly.

It uses a regular high speed scanning matrix, but with 12 key group sends and 13 note returns, thats more connections than many retrofit kits can have.
Also the key scanner has -15V power supply, so wont work with all the kits that require +/- 5V or so.

Is there a keywerks kit with many connections that can work with high negative voltage?

uwienand

Beitrag von uwienand »

Hi David,

...I think you need free contacts without any electrical connection to the organ. For more information I thinks it much better to send an email to Erik Jeromin. Or try to contact him via phone.

cu
Uwe
...ich spiel nicht gut, aber gerne...

Sempra SE20 - home

Antworten